Re: Octave Geometry package problem

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Octave Geometry package problem
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 16:52:00 +0200

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 9:40 AM Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Juan,
>
> I cloned [1], built, and installed the OF-package successfully without errors or warnings in Octave 5.1.0.  Only when trying to test via running "tests/runAllTests.m" after loading your package I faced a problem. Namely that m-files moves to all subdirectories of that test folder of matgeom and calls the builtin function "runtests". I think the intention is to run all "test_*.m" files in that subdirectories. But instead, when calling "runtests" without arguments, it starts to test ALL functions on the Octave load path and does not run any of matgeoms test files.
>
> Best,
> Kai

Dear Kai,

Thank you very much for investing time on this.
I have actually not yet integrated the upstream test in the octave
forge matgeom package. If you check the folder
'octave_pkg/OF/matgeom-1.0.0/inst' generated by 'make dist' you will
see they are not included in the distribution.
The problem is that there is an homonymous function in matlab [1],
that doesn't seem to be compatible with the builtin-in in octave. I
couldn't find a bug report on this, shall we make one? I think this is
a 'matlab compatibility' bug.
Matgeom is expecting the matlab behavior.

Regards,
JPi

[1]:https://ch.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/runtests.html

Indeed, there is no bug report regarding the Matlab compatibility, so I opened https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?56325.  I just "misused" the test directory of matgeom, to have any hint about this package to work.  By just installing the package, I do not have any tests inside that package, thus no tests that do not work.

Best,
Kai