Re: [octave-forge] (parallel) request help for testing at Windows

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: [octave-forge] (parallel) request help for testing at Windows
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 21:19:43 +0100

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 10:26:51AM +0100, "Markus Mützel" wrote:
> Am 28. November 2019 um 19:20 Uhr schrieb "Olaf Till":
> > I couldn't go on with this for a few days, and since it seems to
> > require more effort, I suggest that you don't fell pressed to respond
> > immediately but may be make a new test once you have time... I can't
> > currently promise to immediately respond myself...
> >
> > Anyway a new tarball with md5sum
> >
> > 6624809226b50b3f2e475e98d84bad40  parallel-3.1.3.tar.gz
> >
> > is uploaded to
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/393/
> >
> > , which addresses the issue with the filename of the Octave
> > executable.
>
> I downloaded the tar ball and installed it with
> pkg install parallel-3.1.3.tar.gz
>
> It looks like the compilation completed successfully.
>
> Afterwards, I re-started Octave (don't know whether that is necessary) and
> tried to run the following command. But it looks like they failed:
> octave:1> pkg load parallel
> octave:2>  __test_rfeval__ (@ (x) sqrt (x), 1, @ (info, x) info.message);
> error: '__rfeval_slave__' undefined near line 1 column 1

At least we are one step further, the child process at least started
(and then exited with an error).

I may have to let 'pkg load ...' called on the commandline of the
child process, but for now, could you insert a:

pkg load parallel

into your '.octaverc' file and re-run the test? The file may be named
slightly differently on Windows...

> could not load variable
> error: could not initialize function handle

These errors won't probably disappear by this, though...

Olaf