Re: Addition of new functions

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Addition of new functions
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 05:10:30 -0500 (CDT)

Ravindra Challa wrote
> Dear Team Octave,
>
> You guys are doing great job in providing open source software. Your UI
> has
> improved a lot.
>
> I would like to propose addition of functions such as
>
> 1.) rae2ecef: which converts polar coordinates in topocentric to Earth
> centered earth fixed coordinate system
>
> 2.) enu2ecef: East North up to ECEF
>
> 3.) ecef2enu: ECEF to ENU
>
> 4.)enu2geodetic
>
> 5.) ned2ecef
>
> Many more functions which are predominantly used by many data analytic
> users in the field of astrodynamics.
>
> I'm new to this Octave modification group. Please guide me how to add
> these.

Those functions would belong in the Octave-Forge mapping package, see here:
https://octave.sourceforge.io/mapping/index.html

You can upload contributions to the Octave patch tracker, see here:
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?group=octave
If you peruse that patch tracker you'll find several contributions to the
mapping package, and if you follow the discussions in those patch reports
you'll get a feeling of how the process works.
Please make sure you first make yourself comfortable with Octave's (GNU)
coding style. As mapping package maintainer I'd also like to see proper
input validation.

And there's a wiki page on the patch tracker, see:
https://wiki.octave.org/Mapping_package

Good luck!

Philip

--