Re: Addition of new functions

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Addition of new functions
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 06:26:52 -0500 (CDT)

By what looks like sheer coincidence some of the functions you mentioned have
been contributed just a few hours ago in patch #9918 by an anonymous
contributor.

rae2ecef - don't you mean "aer2ecef"? - the latter is already in the mapping
package v.1.4.0
enu2ecef, ecef2enu - in progress
enu2geodetic, geodetic2enu - ditto
+ some others - ditto.

I'll upload reviewed versions of the new contributions maybe somewhere this
Easter. A new mapping package could be some weeks or months away, but once
pushed the new files can be downloaded and added to your local mapping
package installation manually.

In the mean time I'd appreciate independent testing of similar functions
already available in the current mapping package (hint !), as AFAICS those
functions have underwent little testing in the wild and my own geodesy
proficiency is meager (being a mere hydrogeologist I mainly use GIS and maps
I/O functions).

Philip

--
Sent from: https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html