[Paparazzi-devel] new ap board and pitot-tube

From: Roman Nikitin
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] new ap board and pitot-tube
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 16:52:47 +0100

HI guys,

the problem with my modems was found. As I said before, the stand-alone modem
was sending the data to the airborne modem but could not get any back. So the
technician from my university proved all connectors and the ap board itself and
found that one of the chips connected to the serial port does not work
properly. As the equipment was borrowed by another university (second hand
equipment) my university decided to by a new ap board with integrated GPS (or
maybe without, depends on the price. We have got LEA 5H GPS).

So the question is which one of the ap boards is more efficient? What do you
suggest, which one should we buy? And why? May be some advantages and
disadvantages? Please give several suggestions, because we have not so much
money left for the actual project and we would have some options to select.
Could you buy it in UK and how long do you   usually wait for delivery of this
component?

We have also a pitot tube from EagleTree. I saw in some reports that this
airspeed sensor is full applicable with paparazzi boards. Is it right? Have
somebody used it before? If yes, how practical is it?

Note please: we have XBee serial 1 modem, vertical IRS and horizontal IRS. Of
course, it should be possible to connect them to new ap board without to do any
changes. The components were used on TWOG v1 before.

Regards,

Roman