[Paparazzi-devel] IR sensors debugging

From: Paul Cox
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] IR sensors debugging
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 16:28:34 +0100

Roman,

in the past I've had hardware issues with the IR sensors and your
symptoms sound similar. I put a multimeter on the analog output of the
sensor and moved a hot a soldering iron in front of the various
thermopiles and found that there was no effect for some of the sensors
which was a telltale sign that I had a hw issue. I can't remember if I
had a blown ADC input pin, an intermittent wire connection, or the
opamp on the IR board was busted, but if you follow the same logic
maybe you can identify this issue as hw or not.

Paul