Re: [Paparazzi-devel] apogee board 2.0 - feature questions

From: Jan Čapek
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] apogee board 2.0 - feature questions
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 20:25:17 +0200

Hi Tobias,

see my comments below.
On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 13:03:56 +0200
Tobias <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> thanks for asking -
>
> I would like to ad a small wish to the list :-)
> I d really like to have the option to power all servos externally (by
> esc or separate battery). Maybe you could integrate a small jumper or
> just to pins with a led bridge to separate the servo power rail (+5V)
This is actually something that's on the list, since it is a valid use
case, a set of power servos like bls451 would for sure overload the
power supply. The actual implementation depends on the space
on the PCB. We are currently considering multiple options as it is not
easy to fit all this in. One of the options is to power the servos
directly through one of the servo ports. It has some issues, since
the power rail for servos is also being used further by other
components.
> from the boards power source. two additional pads (+ -) on the edge
> of the board to directly connect the external source to the power
> rail of the servos would make it perfect all over.
>
> will you just redesign the layout or have you also plans to sell some
> of the boards? I would be interested!
The plan is to sell fully assembled boards.

Best regards,

Jan