paragui-dev

[paragui-dev] Re: bugs and fixes

From: Alexander Pipelka
Subject: [paragui-dev] Re: bugs and fixes
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:41:35 +0200

Am Samstag, den 25.06.2005, 16:57 +0200 schrieb Martin Bickel:
> Hi,
>
> here comes another bunch of fixes and improvements for the development
> branch of Paragui:
>
> PGApplication:: SetBackground didn't update the screen. It now does. It
> also allows for freeing surfaces itself.
>
> The sliders in ScrollBars now have a proportional size. Since the
> PageSize is becoming important now, PG_MultilineEdit had to be updated
> to set it. I expect that some other classes also need to set the
> pagesize, but I haven't checked all of them yet.
>
> PGWidget already had properties for the inner border color for thicker
> borders, but they couldn't be set using a theme. I've changed that, the
> entries are called bordercolor0i / bordercolor1i
>
> PGScrollWidget initialized the scroll area with a width and height of
> 0. This caused scrollbars to appear as soon as the first widget was
> added. The area size is now correctly initialized so that the
> scrollbars only appear when necessary.

Great! I never really found the motivation to fix the ScrollBar issue :)

> And I've found a bug in the redrawing code of paragui. But since that
> area has lots of dependencies and I don't see an obvious way to fix it,
> I'm a bit reluctant to start hacking away there. So I'll just provide a
> test case and hope that someone else (say, Alex ;-) ), finds an easy
> way to fix it :-)
<snip>
I know about that. I disabled the check for overlapping child widgets
because of performance reasons (it's around line 776 in pgwidget.cpp).
Maybe the correct blitting behaviour should be configurable.

Thanks

Alex

PS: Patch applied.