paragui-dev

Re: [paragui-dev] Re: bugs and fixes

From: Martin Bickel
Subject: Re: [paragui-dev] Re: bugs and fixes
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:34:11 +0200

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:19:38 +0200, Ulf Lorenz wrote:

>On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 11:41:35AM +0200, Alexander Pipelka wrote:
>> > And I've found a bug in the redrawing code of paragui. But since that
>> > area has lots of dependencies and I don't see an obvious way to fix it,
>> > I'm a bit reluctant to start hacking away there. So I'll just provide a
>> > test case and hope that someone else (say, Alex ;-) ), finds an easy
>> > way to fix it :-)
>> <snip>
>> I know about that. I disabled the check for overlapping child widgets
>> because of performance reasons (it's around line 776 in pgwidget.cpp).
>> Maybe the correct blitting behaviour should be configurable.
>...and default to the slower version. :)

I second that. Default should be the correct variant.

And here's the patch for it. I'm using the method that Alex wrote. This
works correct for Update, but I suspect that the problem still exists
for FadeIn and FadeOut... But since I don't fade any Widgets in ASC, I
don't really care :->

Windowtest2.cpp now demonstrates the UpdateOverlappingSiblings method.
Perhaps we should rename that program to updatetest ?

The patch also fixes a problem with the new proportional scrollbar and
one problem of pgscrollwidget which was caused by the previous changes.

Martin