[Phpgroupware-developers] Re: SiteMgr

From: totschnig . michael
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: SiteMgr
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 01:08:40 -0500

address@hidden a écrit:

>    I've found there where two tables that are very similar.
> phpgw_sitemgr_categories_lang
> phpgw_sitemgr_categories
>
>    Are they meant, are they meant to be the same table??
>    Some area of the module access phpgw_sitemgr_categories_lang while other
> access phpgw_sitemgr_categories. However, phpgw_sitemgr_categories was never
> created, only phpgw_sitemgr_categories_lang is created.
>
>    Could someone tell me if they are the same? If so then I will fix the all
> the scripts.

in the beginning sitemgr used its own managment of categories which
were stored in the phpgw_sitemgr_categories table.
Then sitemgr started to use the category system provided by
phpgroupware's API, phpgw_sitemgr_categories was no longer needed, but
the upgrade was not done via setup, so the table was not automatically
dropped.
Then, sitemgr got internationalized, so that today you can store
category names and definitions in several languages. The categories are
still defined as phpgw API categories, but names and definitions are
stored in the phpgw_sitemgr_categories_lang table.
In summary, today's sitemgr uses only phpgw_sitemgr_categories_lang.

Michael