Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] using PEAR DB with groupware? Can it be do

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] using PEAR DB with groupware? Can it be done?
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:36:35 -0800

You should not have any problems with this. Our db class is loaded up as $GLOBALS['phpgw']->db
Which would seem unlikely to be the location you would have used :-)

Basicly all our classes are loaded up as subclasses of $GLOBALS['phpgw'] and all our settings and data go into $GLOBALS['phpgw_info'] We did this specificly to avoid variable naming conflicts with any apps that get ported in.

Seek3r

Mitch (WebCob) wrote:
Saw a few inquiries, but didn't see a definitive answer...

I have code using PEAR DB - can I somehow wrap it to avoid name conflicts?

thanks.

m/