Re: [Pingus-CVS] [Bug #978] Font system needs a rewrite

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [Pingus-CVS] [Bug #978] Font system needs a rewrite
Date: 12 Aug 2002 18:03:32 +0200

Kenneth Gangstoe <address@hidden> writes:

> What exactly is wrong with the font stuff? As we have currently redesigned
> the display part of Clanlib 0.7, it would be nice with some feedback.

It seperates the letters in a font at runtime, not at compile
time. Even worse it does somewhat generate the letters on demand, so
if I print something and it contains a not yet used letter, this will
cause a noticable break in the game flow.

The font splitting is also to simple, overlapping-cursive fonts and
similar things are not possible.

And that one gets a CL_Font* instead of a refcounted CL_Font, not sure
if thats still the case or already fixed.

Animated fonts (ala Yoshi Island) would also be nice to have.

--
ICQ: 59461927                                    http://pingus.seul.org |
Ingo Ruhnke <address@hidden>           http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/ |