Re: Woooow! debugging.....

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Woooow! debugging.....
Date: 13 Aug 2002 01:31:33 +0200

Alberto Curro <address@hidden> writes:

>  Also changed the workspace/project, as I've to add some new files.

Workspace files are commited, most of your patch is also commited, a
few comments:

--
#include <win32/config.h>

the above should stay #include <config.h> and the path of the config.h
need to be added to the include patch of the project.
--
 #ifdef WIN32
 #include <math.h>

If something is portable, like <math.h>, there is no need to #ifdef it out.
--

>  The first difference now : the game crash in the beginning, but I cannot see
> a window (CL_ConsoleWindow, suppose) with this message
>
> PingusError: Controller: config file <../doc/mycontroller.xml> not found
> Error: PingusError: PingusError: Controller: config file
> <../doc/mycontroller.xml> not found
>
>   In this case, the solution is clear. I guess need this file, and it's not
> present in cvs....

I'll add that file soon, will be renamed to data/controller/default.xml.

>   Ah! one major change. I had to change the file src/Input/controller.cxx to
> src/Input/input_controller.cxx. That's because MSVC can compile both two
> files as it output the same file (Debug/controller.obj); changed its name,
> now it compile flawlessly.

src/controller.?xx is obsolete, the src/input/controller.?xx is the
new one.

>   I'm attaching with this message the new workspace & project files, and the
> output from the cvs diff command, too. Hope it help.

"cvs diff -u" gives a better readable result than "cvs diff", so thats
the prefered way, but the other one will also work.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927