Re: Woooow! debugging.....

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Woooow! debugging.....
Date: 14 Aug 2002 13:58:40 +0200

Alberto Curro <address@hidden> writes:

>> If something is portable, like <math.h>, there is no need to #ifdef it out.
>
>  Even if math.h is fully portable, I added it as a result from an MSVC error.
> I did not know if was an MSVC error that works in GCC, so I added into the
> #ifdef.

We have quite a few places where we have missing includes, but which
will not get detected since these includes are included in other
includes, but only in a specific version of a compiler (say you don't
have to include math.h if you have included stdlib.h or something like
that [just a example, doesn't have to be real]). We already had
throuble with getting code that compiles fine under gcc-3.1 to compile
under gcc-2.95 due to missing includes, so I think its best when ever
something is caused by a missing include, just include it everywhere
so that we don't get this error a second time with another
compiler/version.

>> I'll add that file soon, will be renamed to data/controller/default.xml.
>
>   I found the file doc/controller.xml, but every time the application try to
> load it, I receive an assert error and the application crashes. I'm not now
> with the windows workstation working, but I will send you the error message
> soon.

doc/controller.xml was really just a test file for the controller
thing, it contains config for joystick's and such which will not work
if no joystick is pluged in, but data/controller/default.xml is now in
place and should work.

>    Hey? Obsolete? I tried to delete it from the project, and then I
> received a lot of messages from linker about functions and classes
> from that file, so I guess it is still being used in some way...

src/controller.?xx is already deleted from CVS.
src/input/controller.hxx replaced it and has to be added to the
project of course.

> PS : Another question, this specially directed to Magnus. In some
> points of Pingus (and I see in Clanlib, too), you use a macro called
> _FUNCTION_. Magnus, you know of some equivalent macro for MSVC?
> _FUNCTION_ is not supported, and I looked into MSDN, but not
> results.... In this case, I'm now commenting the line(s).

The __FUNCTION__ macro is not really needed, we can simply delete if.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927