Re: [Pingus-CVS] CVS: Games/Pingus/src story.cxx,1.7,1.8 story.hxx,1.7,1

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [Pingus-CVS] CVS: Games/Pingus/src story.cxx,1.7,1.8 story.hxx,1.7,1.8
Date: 09 Sep 2002 12:37:30 +0200

David Philippi <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sunday 08 September 2002 01:33, address@hidden wrote:
>> - we probally need to change to something like NS_blabla, everything else
>> just leads easily to conflicts (at least in the worldmap/)
>
> NS_ looks terrible. It's more a question of getting the right names
> for the stuff. Who says that classes may not be renamed?

Well, namespaces simply collide always with other classes. For example
namespace WorldMap collides with class WorldMap and I couldn't find a
way to rename WorldMap to something usefull (appending an 's' doesn't
help, since there is only one WorldMap). Lowercasing namespaces
doesn't help either, since than you get collisions with variables. And
always writing around these collision is not really what namespaces
where meant for, they where meant to avoid collisions, not to create
some. NS_ look quite ugly, but well it would simply work.

> BTW why did you change Pingus to NS_Pingus? I thought it was agreed
> to remove namespace Pingus since it's not really usefull.

I am just playing around with what looks good and what doesn't and as
I found the switch to disable indention of namespaces I don't care any
longer about that problem ;)

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927