Re: [Pingus-CVS] CVS: Games/Pingus/src story.cxx,1.7,1.8 story.hxx,1.7,1

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: [Pingus-CVS] CVS: Games/Pingus/src story.cxx,1.7,1.8 story.hxx,1.7,1.8
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:33:56 +0200

On Monday 09 September 2002 12:37, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
> Well, namespaces simply collide always with other classes. For example
> namespace WorldMap collides with class WorldMap and I couldn't find a
> way to rename WorldMap to something usefull (appending an 's' doesn't
> help, since there is only one WorldMap). Lowercasing namespaces
> doesn't help either, since than you get collisions with variables. And
> always writing around these collision is not really what namespaces
> where meant for, they where meant to avoid collisions, not to create
> some. NS_ look quite ugly, but well it would simply work.

Seems like it's really hard to find usefull names in the case of WorldMap. I
can't say that I like NS_WorldMap one bit but if there's no other way one
will have to live with it.
But I'd be very disinclined to use NS_ on every namespace.

> I am just playing around with what looks good and what doesn't and as
> I found the switch to disable indention of namespaces I don't care any
> longer about that problem ;)

Nice to hear that you found a solution. To me it's quite equal wheter
namespaces are indented or not - as long as they span over the remaining
file. On the other hand, indention was never the reason why I wanted to get
rid of namespace pingus - the reason was and is that I see no usage in it.
I suppose that you don't want to indent namespaces anymore? It would be nice
if you do an unindent of the whole code then. Doesn't look nice if the
indention for two methods differ...
I did this already for editorobjs/* and I may do it for the other namespaces
too if emacs has no method to change the indention of a given section of
code. (or rather: if you don't know it. I can't imagine emacs lacking this.)