Re: [Pingus-CVS] CVS: Games/Pingus/src surface_button.cxx,1.12,1.13

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [Pingus-CVS] CVS: Games/Pingus/src surface_button.cxx,1.12,1.13
Date: 09 Sep 2002 12:50:12 +0200

David Philippi <address@hidden> writes:

>> some docu, some blabla and the worldmap stuff needs a complete
>> rewrite...
> Are you going to do the rewrite or do you need help?

If you want to do it I can give you the specs.

> BTW I thought about moving /editorobjs --> /editor/objs and
> worldobjsdata --> worldobjs/data. I think this would make the
> structure a bit cleaner and while a WorldObjs::Data::XY may seem a
> bit awkward, the main usage is inside of namespace WorldObj anyway
> and a Data::XY is definitely better then a WorldObjsData::XY. Right
> now it's just an idea I'm playing with while I'm trying to find the
> time to split the remaining WorldObj's.

Forget that, the current structure is fine and WorldObj has exactly
the same things in common with WorldObjData that EditorObj has.
WorldObjs::Data:: would be incorrect and would not represent the
structure. Beside that I like mostly flat directory structures.

BTW. I would like to get rid of all those new and deletes:

HammerObj::HammerObj (WorldObjsData::HammerData* data_)
 : SpriteEditorObj(data_->pos),
   frame(0),
   data(new WorldObjsData::HammerData(*data_))
[...]
HammerObj::~HammerObj ()
{
  delete data;
}

I don't like them and they don't provide any real benefit. Having real
objects instead of pointers would look much nicer. And beside that I
think the private inheritage looked quite a bit nicer, since it
avoided all those data->blabla...

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927