Re: Binaries for Windows NT

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Binaries for Windows NT
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:32:20 +0200

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 12:00, Fischer, Björn Christoph wrote:
> 1. The Win32 install Manual of Pingus said that I would need a ClanLib
> which is installed correctly. Is it only the ClanCore Package I need? The
> ClanLib installation instructions said I woud need ClanApp, ClanCore and
> ClanDisplay.

I'm not sure what packages ClanLib provides since I'm using the CVS version
but you'll need things like ClanJPEG, ClanPNG...

> 2. Where can I find ClanMagick? It's not a Project in the ClanLib.dsw.
> 3. When opening the pingus.dsw I have only found an empty workspace...

You may ask Alberto Curro <address@hidden> about those problems since he
has successfully compiled the CVS version recently.
For ClanLib you should probably find some binaries of the latest 0.6 version.
AFAIK that's exactly the same as CVS (0.6).
ClanLib 0.7 is something different and not used by Pingus yet anyway.

> When I know how to get these Problems fixes I cold do the Job to do
> Windows snapshots of the CVS periodically. I just have to have a look if I
> am allowed to do it with my VC++ because the version is owned by my
> company.

I guess it should be OK if you're allowed to use the compiler for other
things by your company (and it's licensed correctly by your company *g*).
Since Pingus is GPL and not very likely not competing with any project of
your company I don't think that anyone should have problems with it.