Re: new menu idea (gfx) !update!

From: basse
Subject: Re: new menu idea (gfx) !update!
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 01:31:39 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Jules Bean wrote:
> Impressive stuff (I was fearing you would tell me it was some windows
> program!) I must try out blender sometime, I hear it's just been
> released as GPL...

heh, thanks..
blender actually is multi platform program. linux, mac, windows, some
other..
but yes, I'm using it under linux.  so for me, it's linux soft :)

blender sources are now available, but code is quite messy. will take some
time still before new releases start coming. you can get the source, and
some binaries from www.blender.org.
also, couple of days ago, the releaed the last version (which was
commercial) of blender called Blender Publisher, for free to download.
check out the site.

blender is very unique type of program, could take you couple of weeks to
figure it out, but once you get the hang of it, I'm pretty sure you'll
love how it works. it's fast to model, and only 3d app, that gives you a
feeling of making art instead of just cold precice autocadding..

.b