Re: beta testing comments

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: beta testing comments
Date: 04 Nov 2002 23:50:00 +0100

David Philippi <address@hidden> writes:

> I think leaving Pause as is would be best.

Yep. After all this discussion doesn't lead to much. If any of the
other possible solution would work out can just be found out if
somebody implements them and tests if they will 'right.

>> Obviously. Does Multiplayer work yet? Does it exist? Or is this
>> just a Windows thing?
>
> It's planned to be added at some time. But it'll definitely be hard
> to do this.

Multiplayer already existed a while back, it got a bit broken in the
last code rewrites and probally also needs a complete rewrite, but its
actually pretty easy to implement. The difficult part is more to find
out how it should look like, designing the config menus, desiging
levels, etc. and making it fun.

Even network play shouldn't be that difficult to implement, it would
basically just mean instead of recieving game-events from the client
to recieve them from another computer. Latency should be handlable by
just updating every second update() call or so, so that events have
time to come in.

After all its just a matter of a few days to get this all implemented,
but for the moment we will simply leave it out and focus on
single-player.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927