Some Fallers can survive [was: Fallers slown down]

From: Gervase Lam
Subject: Some Fallers can survive [was: Fallers slown down]
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 00:59:45 +0000

> Date: 25 Mar 2003 14:13:35 +0100
> From: Ingo Ruhnke <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: Fallers slown down

> And another bug, fallers seem to survive some falls now

I think I've sorted it out but I have a few queries:

(1) In test/faller.xml, should the 1st and 2nd Pingus on the left hand
side platform die?  I assume so as the drop from where the Pingus exit to
the platform is more than 200 pixels, the maximum fall height.

(2) What was the original purpose of the following in faller.cxx?

  // FIXME: This should be triggered at a later point, when close to
  // FIXME: deadly_velocity or something like that. A translation
  // FIXME: animation for the floater might also help
  if (pingu->get_velocity().y > 5.0 && pingu->request_fall_action())
    return;

Thanks,
Gervase.