Another status report

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Another status report
Date: 06 Apr 2003 00:32:34 +0200

Hiho,

another status report:

> - LANG/translation bug fixes and testing

German translation seems to be mostly done, could probally need some
proofreading, the english stuff could need some proofreading too.

> - check for memory leaks (valgrind)

Havn't done that, but last time I checked I couldn't see any holes
that would show up under normal gaming conditions, so it shouldn't be
a problem for the release.

> - story

Finally done =:)

> - beta testing

A handfull of people have now played the tutorial levels and the
levels seem to do there job. All reported bugs have been either fixed
or are not important enough to suspend the release.

> - timing/frame-skip code needs a rewrite

Havn't tested it on slower systems, but it might be good enough for
the 0.6.0 release, it didn't cause any throuble for the betatesters.

> - a few more gfx (pause-button, etc.)
> - pinguscfg starter up needs finishing

Both suspended for the next release.

> - online html manual

We don't have one, but tutorial levels now all have descriptions and
should be enough for nearly all users. But still a manual would be
good to have.

> - a man page

We have a old one, but thats outdated in quite a few points, so this
still needs to be done.

> - credits page updating

Everybody that is missing from the AUTHORS file and has contributed
something to Pingus please raise your hands now. I'll update the
credits screen with all the people I can find in the AUTHORS file
soon.

So well, thats basically it. The thing in CVS is pretty close to the
final 0.6.0, a number of small cleanups and bug fixes could still be
done, but the thing is feature complete now. If nothing goes wrong,
I'll pack up some 0.6.0pre1 tarballs tomorrow.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927