Re: One request and one idea

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: One request and one idea
Date: 25 Sep 2003 09:54:48 +0200

David Philippi <address@hidden> writes:

> Imagine, testing worldmap related code, sitting in front of Pingus
> and watching the Pingu walk around on it many times to test
> something. I did that recently and didn't get annoyed. :-)

For testing we have --maintainer-mode (and Ctrl-m or something like
that in the game), allows to right-click to jump directly to the
clicked node. I think providing a run-on-double click isn't the worst
idea either, but a bit slowness in the worldmap is indented behaviour
and not going to change all that much.

> Also, I don't think a comparison with a browser is right, it's a game.
> The worldmap is like the Super Mario games were you've got the exact
> same situation - you've got to wait until you've walked to a certain
> level. It's that way in many games I know.

Yep, the worldmap is kind of a mix of Super Mario's Worldmap and
Monkey Island controlls (all current adventures provide a run feature
so pingus should have one too).

>> The record thing: Could you save for each level you've done a kind
>> of Highscore like "27/30 Pingus saved by Jonas on 12-8-2003", shown
>> under the discription on the overview?

Its all somewhere on my imaginary and huge 'wanna have features' list.

PS: If nobody stops me I'll add scripting support (Lua or Guile) to
Pingus one day, it just allows so much more freedom then plain old
static XML maps.