Re: A crystal level

From: Jonas Bähr
Subject: Re: A crystal level
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:04:28 +0200

Am Sonntag, 11. April 2004 11:32 schrieb David Philippi:
> Am So, den 11.04.2004 schrieb Rune Zedeler um 6:45:
> > We really should implement support for gzipped levelfiles.
>
> Do you really believe that it hurts to have the uncompressed on disk?

storing on disk is not the problem... But if pingus could load gziped levels
you could simply click on them when reciving them by mail or the
level-comment-tool. Especialy in the later case it would speed up the
An easy alternative could be to write a little shell-script (ex: 'pingusgz' or
so) which pipes the recived file throgh gzip and calls pingus afterwards. So
you only need to tell your browser to open .pingusgz with this script instead
of pingus itself....

Jonas