Re: Pingus Windows Installer

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Re: Pingus Windows Installer
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 22:07:47 +0100

> Neil Mitchell wrote:
> > If this is the case, dos2unix on all the files should fix it. If that is
the
> > case, you can replace all the files with their line endings unix'd, as
> > Visual Studio supports that.
> I suggest setting svn:eol-style to 'native' or something for the
> windows-installer files.
I suggest petitioning MS to drop the silly CR,LF routine - its a pain to
code for even if you only target Windows platforms. Honestly, they could
phase it out quite easily, just start all their products generating just \n
line ends. Make notepad open them and no one would even notice. But hey...

As it is, if the .dsp and .dsw files are Unix line endings, they refuse to
open with Visual Studio. Could these two files only be converted back to DOS
line ends, and in future I will send patches to replace them, not change
individual lines (if they ever change, which is unlikely for quite a while).
Sorry for all this hassle, its annoying.

Thanks, and sorry my platform sucks with regard to line endings.

Neil