Re: Need help in running Pingus

From: Aggro
Subject: Re: Need help in running Pingus
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:08:05 -0800 (PST)

> Hi i need some help. I have downloaded the file
> Pingus from the website n i
> have unzip it using the bzip2 extract. wat do i do
> next??...now it is a .tar
> file so what is my next step?....do i need to
> compile it or what???and if so
> how do i do it...can u please tell me the
> procedure....Thanks appreciate it!

Your Linux distribution might already have pingus.
Search your packet manager for packets called pingus.

When using the packet manager, it is much simpler for
newbie to install new software, since you don't have
to unzip or untar anything by yourself. Usually all
you need to do is for example open Yast in Suse, and
select the place for installing new software, search
for pingus, check the checkbox and press install, and
then the game is installed.