Pingus by perl

From: John August
Subject: Pingus by perl
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:48:52 +1100

People,

Here's a perl script to run 0.7.0 - you'd normally run it from pingus
root - where src hangs off - as ./plist.pl ja.xml nm.xml web.xml - and
it will let you look through screens and their ratings, and play them
accordingly.  It also has the files buglog and complog so you can keep
track of which files are buggy and ones you've done.

My buglog shows those that crash on my system - which may well be others
too, I don't know if the problems are related to my dodgy library set
or are 'real' (certainly, though, some levels are more forgiving than
others). I also have a few in complog, to illustrate it - but you'd
probably want to reset it to a zero length file when you play it
yourself.

There are still some problems with the level files - we know that you
need to replace Textures with textures, and in some instances you need
to replace Exit with exit; you may also have to add "global" to the
start of a lookup reference.

Anyway, hope these files are interesting.  I hope they encourage more
people to play the game, and perhaps its something which could be
incorporated in the main pingus code ?  Along with the "sequence" stuff
that I posted a bit earlier - particularly as something like tutorial
island ...

Is anything going on with 0.7.0 ? Has anyone tried out my alias.xml ?
Is there anyone out there ?

Cheers,

--
Marriage : two people decide they'll spend at least a few years
together, and throw a party to celebrate.

John August.