0.7.0 animation problem

From: John August
Subject: 0.7.0 animation problem
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:12:33 +1100

Remember I wrote of a problem :

> <alias name="global/Exits/space" link="exits/space" />
>
> causes problem Resource 'space' has incorrect array attribute, must be
> "X,Y"!

OK, I've figured some of it out.  I can get the image, but not the
animation.

This seems to be a problem with animations.  Animations are a series of
images, all put together.  The space exit, with changing sparks, is one
of them.  Another is the sortie_anim, with a moving light in the "exit"
sign.  I think it has a problem as well.

The file data/data/exits.xml has data in the wrong form. You need to
replace lines like :

        <grid pos="0,0" size="154,118" array="4x1"/>

with

        <grid pos="0,0" size="154,118" array="4,1"/>

(changing "x" to a comma)

Interestingly, in the previous version, everything seemed to be a
"surface", while now these exits are called "sprites".

However, I get a fixed image, not an animation. Still, its better than a
file-not-found error.  Perhaps its a problem with the original code,
which would be nice to sort out.  Not something I could do myself
easily.  But just because I see a problem doesn't mean anyone is
obligated to action, of course :)

But, maybe you just rename it to something other than "sprite" and it
starts working ???

Gatic,

--
Marriage : two people decide they'll spend at least a few years
together, and throw a party to celebrate.

John August.