[Pingus-Devel] Interface rework

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: [Pingus-Devel] Interface rework
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 10:59:35 +0200

I am currently planing on reworking/cleaning up the interface a bit, I
have something like this in mind:

http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/md5/4b734776e15058b89643e33aaf77bcc5-menuredesign.png

One problem with this interface is that it will block a part of the
level. In some levels that can be handled by adding a bit of water at
the bottom, in others that might not be possible. For normal gameplay
that isn't an issue, since levels are already designed to not have
gameplay near the level border, but when a player wants to dig down so
far he of course shouldn't be stopped. My current solution for this
would be a way to hide the interface (via little arrows in the
corner).

Any comments or other suggestions?

Some alternative interfaces experiments:

http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/md5/d29a63b264637801693faf23bdb22028-menuredesign.png
http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/md5/027def00be8c40faa796627b4421dc35-menuredesign.png
http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/md5/8868e80a330317ab3c6841f8b88a342e-menuredesign.png
http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/md5/48b47dc107dd3bb9bd520f4d96a85262-menuredesign.png