protux-support

[Protux-support] Re: Protux-support Digest, Vol 6, Issue 2

From: L. Andrew Somerville
Subject: [Protux-support] Re: Protux-support Digest, Vol 6, Issue 2
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 23:52:22 -0300

On Saturday 10 May 2003 1:03 pm, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> As you may already know, Protux has not even had a beta release yet. The
> "stable releases" are only milestones for certain implementations. So
> most things are either being implemented, or will be in the future.

Doesn't mean he's wrong, and arguably is irellivent to his comment.

> Because of that, and if i'm not mistaken, the "quick-help" may not be up
> to date with the actual keys. The quickhelp may not be completely
> acurate until the first 1.0 release. Either way, we have been
> re-implemeting the recording engine (after we found some stuff out about
> ALSA), which should only be complete with the release 0.18. if you want
> actual keys, have a look at the file called "jmb.map", which should be
> under /usr/local/protux/resources, or something like that.

What has this got to do with anything? I see nothing in his message that calls
for anything of this sort. Completely out to lunch.

> As for the <KK> actions, its a bit of a question of getting used to it.
> if you practice a bit, you'll see its not that hard to make it work.

You sound like you don't think that this is a real issue, when in fact it may
keep someone from performing the action on the first try. I suggest that you
don't make exuses. (ie: Microsoft claims that windows 95 crashing is the
user's fault.)

> Either way, the system is still quite buggy, and will change in the
> future. When that happens we will surely consider  your suggestion of
> giving it a bit more leeway. Also, in regards to the 3sec error, please
> file the bug in savannah.

You guys are notorious for telling people to go to savannah and not giving a
URL. Try to be a little more helpful when you ask people to report bugs. You
have left me out in the cold a number of times.

> Eitherway, some problems are still expected. It is still only 0.17, we
> most of the features are only going to be implemented from here on.

That's irrellivent.

> > i open protux,
> > then type <R>, it says "arm track before recording"
> >
> > also if any of the developers read this, the
> > simulaneous <KK> thing is badly implememnted.. you
> > have to press the keys at almost EXACTLY the same
> > time. should allow for a bit of leeway? no?

This is a really good suggestion. Worth working on.

> > another annoying thing is that when you get an error
> > because you typed an unrecognized K, it wont let you
> > type the next command for about 3 seconds.

Another really practical suggestion

Andrew