pspp-dev

Re: temporary files in wine

From: John McCabe-Dansted
Subject: Re: temporary files in wine
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:03:55 +0900

On 2/12/07, Ben Pfaff <address@hidden> wrote:
One solution would be to use a function other than tmpfile, such
as mkstemp, to create the temporary file.  Perhaps that's what we
should do.

mingw doesn't have mkstemp either. I've been using mkstemps from libiberty.

Maybe mingw should provide a better version of tmpfile.  Unix
programmers expect it to do something sensible, not this
nonsense.  I suppose we could report a mingw bug.

Thoughts?

Mingw is basically meant to be bug for bug compatible with windows. I
should probably try linking against mingwex library before you spend
to much more time on this... the mingwex library is meant to add some
C99 like functionality to mingw.

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted
PhD Student