pspp-dev

Re: temporary files in wine

From: John McCabe-Dansted
Subject: Re: temporary files in wine
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:30:06 +0900

On 2/12/07, Ben Pfaff <address@hidden> wrote:
> Mingw is basically meant to be bug for bug compatible with windows. I
> should probably try linking against mingwex library before you spend
> to much more time on this... the mingwex library is meant to add some
> C99 like functionality to mingw.

It's a good thought but it doesn't look like mingwex has an
implementation of tmpfile.  At least I don't see one.

I guess the next idea is for me to ask on mingw-users. We can't be the
only people who want something smaller than cygwin, but with at least
the option to use sane versions of libraries.

BTW, I probably would have used cygwin if the native ports of GTK were
only really designed to be used with mingw, and if I hadn't also
bumped into some cygwin related problems.

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted
PhD Student