pspp-dev

Re: PSPP on windows: backtraces.

From: John McCabe-Dansted
Subject: Re: PSPP on windows: backtraces.
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 12:59:15 +0900

On 2/16/07, John Darrington <address@hidden> wrote:
The backtraces don't seem to show the names of the functions.  Did you
compile with debugging?  I usually edit the CFLAGS line of the
Makefile to use "-g -O0"

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of these crashes are a result of the
snprintf issue.  A quick grep on the src tree shows that we're using
snprintf and variants in rather a lot of places.

Uh... if I compile with "-g -O0" only 15 tests fail, and I get no
segfaults. I've put the log up at:
http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/~john/make.check.2007-02-17.gO0.log

I'm sure thats *exactly* what you wanted to hear ;)

If this helps, I have put up a log with "-g -O2" at:
http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/~john/make.check.2007-02-17.gO2.log.bz2

This *could* be compiler bug. Ben, are you getting segfaults too?
Which compiler version are you using?

Perhaps the easiest solution is to fix the known problems like
snprintf, and the 15 easily repeatable failures, and see if that fixes
the segfaults.

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted
PhD Student