pspp-dev

Re: Localization and pspp on MSWindows

From: unknown-1
Subject: Re: Localization and pspp on MSWindows
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 09:57:20 +0100

2009/2/6, John Darrington <>:
On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 10:10:42PM +0100, unknown-1 wrote:
<...>
I'm reasonably confident that we're using recoding characters
correctly.

Me too as it works on Linux.

    What I need is something so I can see what the NLS settings are in PSPPIRE
    when it runs on mswindows. Is this possible?

Perhaps some diagnostic features could be added.  What settings do you
need to know?

The LANG settings. Like "en_GB,UTF-8". If this doesn't give a clue the directory where psppire looks for the .po files.
Further the directory where the "psppire.txt" will be written.

Maybe it is an idea to combine this with the configuration screen wish. In a first version the settings could be read only. Or a page within the options with system information. This way it could expand if needed in the future.

Have fun