pspp-dev

Re: Localization and pspp on MSWindows

From: unknown-1
Subject: Re: Localization and pspp on MSWindows
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:15:42 +0100

2009/2/8, John Darrington <>:
One potential issue about i18n on non GNU systems:

I was hoping to use the newlocale/uselocale functions, which are in
libc, but are absent from other systems (including mingw).  I think
it's going to be very difficult to have more than marginal i18n
support without these.  I wonder if the gnulib people would accept a
cut of the libc code?  Alternatively might have to make do with a very
reduced i18n functionality on non GNU systems.

This might be the reason why special characters and translations won't work. I wonder how this is solved in other programs, but can't find info about that. (And had not much time for it) You are still trying to have some LANG info displayed somewhere?

Have fun