pspp-dev

Re: Problem editing file

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Problem editing file
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:34:38 -0700

Michel Boaventura <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm part of the dev-mingw list. If you don't mind, I can forward your
> message to they. I already open a threat about it.

A "thread", I hope.  Yes, please forward my email, that's fine.

> But my question is: if POSIX tells one thing, and Microsoft tells
> another, mingw should use what implementation?

I think that the goal of Mingw is to make it easy to port GNU
software to Windows.  If I am correct about that goal, then Mingw
should use the POSIX definition, because that definition makes it
easier to port GNU software to Windows than if Mingw used
Microsoft's definition.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org