pspp-dev

Re: Wiki for development

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: Wiki for development
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 18:40:27 -0400

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 06:21:58PM -0400, Michael Miesner wrote:
> Hello PSPP developers-
> I just recently found PSPP and I see a lot of potential in it. For me to
> never ever have to use Windows, PSPP is the last component missing. If it
> had all the functionality of a SPSS, I'd be set. I've had a hard time
> telling how far along PSPP is, and what is still missing. From looking,
> things such as regression and factor analysis are missing. Is there a wiki
> (if not, why isnt there?) of features that are still needed, to connect
> people who wish to contribute?

The wiki is at http://sakla.net and needs editing. Knock yourself out.

PSPP has the REGRESSION procedure, but lacks factor analysis, as you
said.  I'm working on the routines to compute the covariance matrix
now.  After I get the bugs out, development on other procedures should
go more quickly.

-Jason