pspp-dev

Re: K-Means Clustering

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: K-Means Clustering
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 13:21:59 +0000

Hi Mehmet!

As I mentioned, the CLUSTER command is soemthing which I think it would be
great to support.

One issue with clustering is its memory complexity. It requires O(n^2) where
n is the number of cases being clustered.
Have you tested your algorithm with large numbers of cases?

Maybe Ben has some ideas how an efficient distance matrix can be  implemented
in PSPP (maybe sparse-array.c can help?) .

In any case, I'd be interested to see your code, and the results of your
comparisons.  Can you post them somewhere?

J'