pspp-dev

Re: K-Means Clustering

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: K-Means Clustering
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 20:59:39 -0800

> Maybe Ben has some ideas how an efficient distance matrix can
> be implemented in PSPP (maybe sparse-array.c can help?) .

I think that the nearest-neighbor problem is still a research
area.  There are many algorithms to implement it and related
algorithms (e.g. approximate nearest neighbor).  I have textbooks
that describe several of them.

I don't yet see how sparse-array.c helps.  (It's only a 1-D
array, for one thing.)
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org