pspp-dev

Re: failure in documentation branch

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: failure in documentation branch
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 08:27:47 +0100

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 01:37:47PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 10:32:39PM +0100, Harry Thijssen wrote:
     > You are aware that the tarball build for the documentation branch has
     > a failure?

     I haven't been monitoring it.

     John, it looks like this has been failing the same way from the start,
     e.g. see http://benpfaff.org/~blp/pspp-documentation/20121230033441/:
       ../doc//gui.texi:45: warning: @image file `Images/pic1.txt' unreadable:
No such file or directory.
       ../doc//gui.texi:73: warning: @image file `Images/pic2.txt' unreadable:
No such file or directory.
       ../doc//gui.texi:89: warning: @image file `Images/pic3.txt' unreadable:
No such file or directory.
     and more like that.

The missing .txt files are just warnings.  The real problem comes further
down where the .eps files are missing.  The eps files are just converted
copies of the .png files.

Here is where we need to make a decision.  Do we:

1.  Check the .eps files into git.

2.  Generate them in Smake and distribute them in the tarball.

3.  Generate them in Makefile and expect the user to have the necessary
tools.

??

I see problems with all three options, but I think that 2. is probably the
best compromise at least in the short term.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
See http://keys.gnupg.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.