pspp-dev

Re: Icon transition complete

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Icon transition complete
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 05:44:23 +0200

On Fri, Aug 09, 2013 at 03:39:42PM -0700, Bastián Díaz wrote:
     > With regard to that particular one, I agree that it seems very odd that
a string
     > variable
     > can somehow be considered "scalar".  However PSPP/SPSS does permit it!

     Yes, SPSS/PSPP allow that behavior. However, in SPSSthere is a locking
system that prevents use miscoded variables in most analyzes. This locking
system works according to the combinations of the columns "type", "measure" and
"role" and depending on the type of analysis to be performed. Also do not
integrate images to represent miscoded measures.

I didn't know about that.   Perhaps we should have it too.
Do you have any more information about it?
Is it described in any manual somewhere that I can lookup ?

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
See http://keys.gnupg.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.