pspp-dev

Re: Icon transition complete

From: Bastián Díaz
Subject: Re: Icon transition complete
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 09:07:53 -0700 (PDT)

It really is something that I could not explain, and is not really important
now.

Include icons in the combo box can be a good improvement.

Moreover, in the tests I've done with the new feature role, I have noticed that
the ability of PSPP to encode a string variable with scale measure, affects the
display of SPSS databases and affects some analytical and reports (indirectly).

As I mentioned in another thread, SPSS prevents encode a string variable with
the scale measure, however, if the database was built with PSPP, and used by
SPSS, coding "wrong" is maintained.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5204736/SPSS_string_scale.png

Finally, the inclusion of the value "none" by default in role column is very
effective because it forces the user to properly encode the variable. It would
be helpful to add something similar to the column measure homologous to what
makes SPSS.

Cheers

--
Bastián Díaz