pspp-dev

Re: pspp and rust...

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: pspp and rust...
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 20:13:31 +0100

On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 10:02:18AM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     Adding --without-rust to librsvg would be like adding --without-c to
     PSPP. The "r" stands for "rust".

I didn't know that.  I had never bothered to find out that librsvg is.

     However, the binaries from adwaita-icon-theme are just a bunch of
     icons. I think you should be able to just copy those icons from any
     installation. (The Debian package for adwaita-icon-theme is
     Architecture: all, meaning that it's only compiled once, not once for
     every architecture.)

It certainly doesn't make sense to depend on a rust library just for the
sake of icons.

J'