pspp-users

Re: Should I use PSPP or R?

From: Dr Eberhard Lisse
Subject: Re: Should I use PSPP or R?
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 00:15:23 +0100

SPSS compatibility of course.

So you can run your legacy programs, legally :-)-O.

I personally would like to have something like RPSS, ie an R module that
can not only read SPSS tables, but also SPSS programs, but I don't see
it coming just now, but, of course, you are most welcome to write it :-)-O

el

on 5/7/07 11:45 PM Thomas Levine said the following:

> It seems like the only real free statistics packages are PSPP and R, but
> I'm having trouble understanding why people want to create a whole new
> system even though R already exists.  Aside from SPSS compatibility,
> what advantages does PSPP have over R?

address@hidden el108-ARIN / *     |   Telephone: +264 81 124 6733 (cell)
PO Box 8421             \     /   Please do NOT email to this address
Bachbrecht, Namibia     ;____/        if it is DNS related in ANY way