pspp-users

Re: Should I use PSPP or R?

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Should I use PSPP or R?
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 01:37:18 -0700

> There are also other benefits of PSPP over R, including:
>
> * Possibly faster.
> * Copyright is held by one party only.
> * (in the future) integration with desktop software.

I'm increasingly optimistic that we can develop a really
high-quality, user-friendly statistical analysis tool with high
performance, the capacity to efficiently handle large data sets,
high-quality human- and machine-readable output, and that is easy
to hack on too.  It's getting better all the time.  Let's keep
plugging away and see how good we can make it!
--
"The road to hell is paved with convenient shortcuts."
--Peter da Silva