pspp-users

Re: About packages for graphic interface

From: Stephen Liu
Subject: Re: About packages for graphic interface
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:21:55 +0800 (CST)

Hi John,

Thanks for your advice.

--- John Darrington <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 11:36:21PM +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:
>      Debian 5.0, minimal installation
>      No X running
>
>      To add graphic interface do I need installing X?
>
> You don't actually need X on the same machine as pspp, but you need
> it
> somewhere in order to use it.

Sorry I don't follow.  Whether operate pspp remotely?  Similar to
remote controlling/monitoring servers.  I do it daily ssh-remote access
the server.

Now I already have pspp installed.  It is now running.

# pspp myfile.syn
generating the file pspp.list.  I can read its content on editor.

# pspp --interactive myfile.syn

displaying a table on terminal.  But I can't sort out how to start the
graphic interface mode as indicated on;

"3 Invoking PSPP"
http://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/manual/html_node/Invocation.html#Invocation

>      # apt-cache search libplot
>      libplot-dev - The GNU plotutils libraries (development files)
>      libplot-perl - perl interface to plot library
>      libplot2c2 - The GNU plotutils libraries
>      libploticus0 - script driven business graphics library
>      libploticus0-dev - Development files for the ploticus library
>      plotutils - The GNU plotutils (plotting utilities) package
>
>      Which of them shall I install?
>
> Debian's package manager should take care of that for you.  Just type
> "apt-get install pspp".

"apt-cache policy package_name"

did not find them installed except "libplot2c2"

However I found following packages on repo;
libplplot9
pkg-config
libglade2-0 (already installed)

optional;
libncurses5 (already installed)
libreadline5 (already installed)
texinfo

But I can't find GTK+ and libhistory.  Any advice?  TIA

B.R.
Stephen L