pspp-users

Re: error exporting data dictionary

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: error exporting data dictionary
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 03:36:39 +0200

Which version of PSPP are you using ?

Can you post a copy of "data.sav"

J'

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 03:18:01PM -0400, Ricardo Pietrobon wrote:
     Hi, I am new to pspp, and am trying to open a .sav file and then export
     it's dictionary. Opening works, well, but the export command returns the
     following:

     PSPP> get file='data.sav'
         > EXPORT
     warning: `data.sav': This system file does not indicate its own character
     encoding.  Using default encoding UTF-8.  For best results, specify an
     encoding
     explicitly.  Use SYSFILE INFO with ENCODING="DETECT" to analyze the
possible
     encodings.

     error: `data.sav' near offset 0x9818: Invalid variable name `BRA?O'.
     PSPP>

     The file contains labels in Portuguese and so utf-8 should theoretically be
     just fine. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

     many thanks