pspp-users

Re: pspp-1.6.0 released, review

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: pspp-1.6.0 released, review
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 16:12:54 -0700

Thanks for the comment.

The ".086" style without a leading zero is an SPSS peculiarity that
PSPP reproduces. When PSPP writes output in any of its own formats, it
uses this style for compatibility. But when PSPP writes output to a
spreadsheet format, it's writing the numerical value of the numbers,
which the spreadsheet program itself then displays, and it's normal
for spreadsheet programs (and most programs) to include a leading
zero.