pspp-users

Re: pspp-1.6.0 released, 1.6 windows

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: pspp-1.6.0 released, 1.6 windows
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 22:25:42 +0200

Hello Gene,

Thanks for your suggestions.  I will have a look at that page and consider your
proposals to see if we need to make this clearer to readers.

Thanks,

John

On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 09:17:45PM +0000, someone wrote:

     Could I make some suggestions?

     On the get page, move this to just above "Binaries""We do not distribute
precompiled binaries of PSPP. Computers come with so many different
archtectures, kernels, operating systems that it would not be feasible for us
to do so. "
     and add something like, "However, a number of people have kindly compiled
PSPP into various operating systems. Their compiled versions are described
below.
     and add the same two sentences to the main page, in the download PSPP
section, instead of "There are some additional ways you can download or
otherwise obtain PSPP."

     Thanks
     Gene