pspp-users

Re: pspp-1.6.0 released, 1.6 windows

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: pspp-1.6.0 released, 1.6 windows
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 06:50:01 +0200

The "official" download page is and always has been https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/pspp

The "get PSPP" page https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/get.html which you
mentioned provides unofficial hints about other possible download possibilities.

Right at the top of this page, there is a link which tells you the various ways
to get GNU software (including PSPP).

Also, note, the sentence "We do not distribute precompiled binaries for PSPP".
Any binaries that you download (from anywhere) are not "official" in any sense
of the word.

To summarise:

1. https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/pspp is the official download page.
2. https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/get.html provides information which we hope